Thread: Centauro CO800

Centauro CO800

Any thoughts on this 32" bandsaw? From what I understand minimax gets theirs from Centauro. I was looking at MM24 or Felder FB610 and I saw this monster for sale, demo model for 3500 (plus 500 to get it to California).
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-22-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Removed forum link.

Centauro does make the MM saws. I've been watching that saw. Table probably only tilts 20 degrees but 28-32" are very nice sizes. If you have the room, it is a great deal. Just needs a small saw next to it. Dave

that's a TALL saw if you got the ceiling height GO for It!
    I'd love to have one of those big monsters I got a S500P (MM20) It's very well made ! Says Centauro right on it
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Looked at those before I bought my second MM24. I believe they were bought second-hand in bulk from an Asian factory that never opened for business and shipped over here. These saws had to be converted to our power which included replacing the motors. This didn't bother me, but the low resaw height did. Do some research--but I believe the generic centauro resaw height on this machine is 16-inches - IIRC. I wanted greater height and an MM24 doesn't cost much more after palatizing and shipping from a small dealer.
    Last edited by Gregory Stahl; 04-23-2014 at 9:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

There is a Centauro CL 900 on Madison, WI C-list right now that looks real nice. Priced at $2750.

Thanks Gregory, I love information like this. I'm always mystified when a seller doesn't put much information. What's he hiding? His ad didn't give HP or resaw ht or much at all.