Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laser tube dead after new power supply installed

Thanks guys. For some reason I was not able to open the sawmill creek site from my computer the past several days. The combination of advice has lead to success! I am cutting again. I did some re-alignment and tightening up of things and its all good (actually there is still some black magic kind of stuff going on but it is tolerable for now - the z motor/table doesn't want to move and seems to be shorting out and the machine sometimes trips the power surge protector in ways it hasn't previously) nonetheless, i am happy to be here saying that i am back in business. can't really say how much help this is. i would be lost!

best, dan

wow. spoke too soon. this thing just cut out in the middle of a standard job i have been repeating since i got it up again. tripped the fuse in the electrical panel. does this again every time i try to turn it on now. some sort of short i guess. can't find it yet. is there a best way to figure this out. this thing is committed to fighting me every bit of the way. its like being in a sitcom.

Daniel, you mentioned that your Z axis refused to move?!, could it be that a faulty Z axis motor is reflecting a short and causing your fuse to blow?? Usually if a fuse blows at the power board the fault is in the main AC power section, maybe some type of leakage, do check all power cords from the mains, sorry to be all over the place, but, we have got to get it going without any strange "bugs". If I lived near you I would definitely try to come over and help, I KNOW from personal painful experience, how you feel. Amos
    PS , PM sent
    Last edited by Amos De Pasquale; 05-11-2014 at 8:02 AM. Reason: addition
    Good better best, never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best.
    Omni Pro 3000 with 80watt Laser tube
    Gravograph M 20+