Thread: Lumber near GB, WI

Lumber near GB, WI

Just wondering if anyone knows a source for rough sawn lumber near Green Bay, WI.

Thanks, Mike

Mike

Neither of these are close but I have had good luck with both:

Kettle Morain Hardwoods http://www.kmhardwoods.com

Owl Lumber http://www.owlhardwood.com

The first is a small operation but nice folks and close to me, I usually check in with them and if they don't have what I need I make an expedition to Chicago area - Owl is essentially right next to O'Hare Airport. They have a great selection.

If you find some other good source, please post.

Cheers - Bill
    Cheers, Bill Fleming

If you are buying retail in small quantities, < 100bf, Friendship hardwoods in Friendship WI. If commercial and buying larger quantities, Feltz Manufacturing in Stevens Point. Dave

Dells Area Hardwoods - Greg Ryner and Rosin Woodwork Corporation in Bonduel. Both family owned and very nice people.

Thanks for the ideas, especially the Bonduel locations which are very close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Newell View Post
    Thanks for the ideas, especially the Bonduel locations which are very close to me.
    Mike
    Rosin is located in the small industrial park at the intersection of Hwys 29 & 47. You can buy any quantity and if they don't have the species you want they will get it. I also had some of my own lumber surfaced by them, planed, sanded, and ripped for a very reasonable price. As mentioned very nice people.

Mike...

I am planning to leave GRB and I'm now on a job hunting mission in TX... I found a number of different suppliers and found them via the yellow pages, google, local woodworking contacts, and the woodworking clubs...

Good Luck...
    Joe