Thread: Burl hunters

Burl hunters

Has anyone seen the show call Filthy Riches, shows Burl hunters looking and digging burls.
    "Dear God, my prayer for 2018 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last four years."

We just saw a bit on the news about burl hunters going into State Park and National Forest land and cutting burls out of the giant redwood trees. One thousand year old tree already died, and more are failing.

I guess these hunters saw the show also. Sick. Someone ought to remove their burls.

Rick Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Someone ought to remove their burls.

Rick Potter
    How true, I wondered why they make shows to give people ideas.
    "Dear God, my prayer for 2018 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last four years."

The Filthy Riches folks were not stealing burls. On the episode I saw, a friend had given them a walnut with a root burl. Big difference from wandering the woods and slicing burls off without permission.

Had I only known how much people would pay for burls years ago I'd be rich.
    I use to cut my own fire wood off my land, did this for 20 years, can't tell you how many Rock maple burls I put in the wood stove over the years but I'll bet its in the Hundreds.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander