Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use this sander???

I had a Jet buffer that needed a capacitor - had to give it a spin every time I started it. Never did replace the part, with a buffer it was so easy to give the wheel a spin and hit the on switch.

Great deal - good for you.

JT

I don't know about the buffer, but I don't think this is switching to high speed with a bad cap.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Update. Put the cap in and it still does the same thing. I take the motor apart and see how the centrifugal switch looks....

that sucks, yeah centrifugal switch would be my next step, after that there is a real smart guy on motors and electrical, forget his handle off hand,

The switch is good so now I am thinking the windings are the issue but I am not sure how to test them. Any suggestions?

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...reads.php?Cat=
    I forget hkis name, it says poindexter under his name Nice guy too,
    Last edited by Anthony Diodati; 05-17-2014 at 12:36 AM.

I have one of the blue/green one that I bought used from Boeings in Seattle and I love it LOTS of power, great machine. A couple of things though on mine you never, never put the belt on all the way, just put on 1-2 inches and turn on the machine and track from there. Mine just shoots the belt over and starts cutting in the machine. A long time ago in Fine Woodworking Mag there was a article about improving the mounting on the idling pulley where the handle is to release tension. If there are 5 thin plates with 6 bolts, 3 on each end
    replace those plates with a piece of 1/4 thick steel you can buy from Home Depot. It will track a lot better.
    Mark