Thread: I PROBABLY will not need to evacuate…

I PROBABLY will not need to evacuate…

It's a bad week for fires in San Diego County. We have 100°+ weather, extremely low humidity, and winds coming in from the desert. Together these are called "Santa Ana Conditions". On top of that we have one or more "Fire Bugs" as about 8 out of 10 fires in the last 48 hours appear to have been intentionally set.

Very thankful for no deaths. Very thankful for the extremely excellent work of the firefighters, with police and military assisting. Just a few homes destroyed and a huge number saved by the heroic work.

The fires are still several miles from our house and the geography will probably keep our home safe. We are finding ways to help the people in harm's way. About two dozen families from our church have opened their homes for evacuees. A local restaurant is giving free food and drinks to all of the responders.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    It's a bad week for fires in San Diego County. We have 100°+ weather, extremely low humidity, and winds coming in from the desert. Together these are called "Santa Ana Conditions". On top of that we have one or more "Fire Bugs" as about 8 out of 10 fires in the last 48 hours appear to have been intentionally set.

Very thankful for no deaths. Very thankful for the extremely excellent work of the firefighters, with police and military assisting. Just a few homes destroyed and a huge number saved by the heroic work.

The fires are still several miles from our house and the geography will probably keep our home safe. We are finding ways to help the people in harm's way. About two dozen families from our church have opened their homes for evacuees. A local restaurant is giving free food and drinks to all of the responders.
    I cannot find ANY reason for people to be doing things like that among others. It seems like more and more people would rather steal, cheap, and harm others than try to help and do good. That people are helping others as you stated is great, but it's disheartening that they have to do it because someone intentional caused the reason for it. Hope things get better for all there. Another problem will be when it starts raining and all the vegetation has been burnt the rain will wash the hills into mudslides.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Go figure. A town 10 miles from us had extensive damage from heavy rains last night. (while we didn't get any rain)

We all wish you well Brian. Keep us posted.
    Fred

I am currently evacuated from the San Marcos fire but the evacuation order for my neighborhood was lifted last night.

Another case of 'rats with matches'. I hope they catch them.

Glad you are OK, Brian.

Rick Potter

Brian;
    My Wife was reading a report on the fires, and noticed is said 85,000 people were evacuated from your area.
    Where do 85,000 people go? Our township has 14,000. That's 6 times as many.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Myk, the vast majority are going to friends' and relatives houses. At my church there were a dozen families known to evacuate and only 2 or 3 stayed in motels. San Diego is a tourist area and it happened mid-week so there were rooms available. 27 families from our church offered their homes to evacuees - many more than were needed. Many schools were also available through Red Cross preparations. Percentage wise, about 2.5% were evacuated at some point. Most for only one night.

Blog Entries
    Myk,

California is big. 85,000 is 0.2% of the 30,000,000 in state population. Many go to friends & relatives. Some use hotels, other shelters which are set up. Last year we had a staff member's family stay with us for two days. We were 15 miles from the fire.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Blog Entries
    I am glad you were minmally affected.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I used to live in escondido...been keeping san eye on this fire. Glad you are Safe!!