Thread: Who was making the wood miter sleds and selling them on-line?

Who was making the wood miter sleds and selling them on-line?

I while back I thought I saw a guy who was making table saw miter sleds and selling on his website. I looked at them briefly a while back and wanted to take another look - I guess I did not save his website in my wood favorites - because I sure cannot find it. Can someone pm the link to his website to me?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-26-2014 at 2:00 PM.

The Dubby?

If you are talking about the Dubby sled, check the Peachtree Woodworking site. They have videos, and just sent me an e-mail showing them on sale.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Thanks but it was not a Dubby or an Incra - I think it was just a individual that was making them. I just cannot remember where the heck the link was - and I sure cannot find it.

For power saw or hand plane?

Perhaps I am not using the best terminology

Tablesaw - I call it a miter sled but perhaps cross-cut sled it more correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    For power saw or hand plane?

Segeasy.com has plans for theirs. For segmenting work, it can't be beat.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Segeasy.com has plans for theirs. For segmenting work, it can't be beat.
    I think he's looking for an already-made sled....
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Shipping would cost more than materials to build a panel cutter. You could buy any of several brands of miter bar stock, or even make your own. The actual sled could be made from 1/2" MDF, melamine, or baltic birch , depending upon you taste and scrap pile. I make the NYW style panel cutter, with fence at side of sled towards operator. Fence consists of two parts, One is a piece of 3/4" plywood about two inches wide, which fastens to sled, laid horizontally. Other is another piece of 3/4 ply, with dust relief cut along bottom, that is pocket screwed to first piece. It extends out past end of sled so it pushes cut off through blade. By pocket screwing it on, it's replaceable when worn.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I think he's looking for an already-made sled....
    If so and depending on what you want to spend, look into the Incra Miter Express. Got one for Christmas. Not something Id have bought myself (luxury item), but that Incra beats the devil out of the heavy, klunky sled I made from some magazine plan a few years back. I noticed that Infinity Tool is selling them for $139 right now. (No affiliation with Infinity.)

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Understood, Scott. Ignore my post, Ken.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON