Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flush Triming Edgebanding on Router Table

Plus 1 on Johns tall fence with the relief at the bottom. It's pretty much foolproof and works with any bit.

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Plus 1 on Johns tall fence with the relief at the bottom. It's pretty much foolproof and works with any bit.
    How do you run an 8' panel on that?

Don

I have the smaller Festool router system for trimming .. MKF 700 ... Works quite well ..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    And as I said earlier, what if the plywood has a slight bend in it? The method you suggest works great on paper in an ideal world.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    And as I said earlier, what if the plywood has a slight bend in it? The method you suggest works great on paper in an ideal world.
    That is the method I use in my professional shop. A couple of feather boards will handle bowed plywood.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Don Huffer View Post
    How do you run an 8' panel on that? Don
    I use the same method and for long panels I just set up some in-feed and out-feed stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Williams View Post

I use the same method and for long panels I just set up some in-feed and out-feed stands.
    I'm on a project where I have just broke down my 45th sheet of 3/4" walnut. Your method wouldn't have lasted a day. Many panels are 8' long and 2' wide.

But I'm going to archive your picture for smaller panels.

Don

I'm very surprised no one as made a single comment on the method I posted. In another forum we actually worked out the details of the build. I tried all the other systems and none compare to the speed, accuracy, versatility and quality of this method. Not to mention it was cheap and very easy to build.

Anyone up for a challenge that leads to making a believer out of you?

Don

9. Quote Originally Posted by Don Huffer View Post
    I'm on a project where I have just broke down my 45th sheet of 3/4" walnut. Your method wouldn't have lasted a day. Many panels are 8' long and 2' wide.

But I'm going to archive your picture for smaller panels.

Don
    I would have to disagree with you there since that is the way I have been doing it for the last six years when I have a lot of panels to flush trim. But, I have used the set up you posted when dealing with large panels. My method can still be done on the router table even with large panels but I think your method is very good!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Don Huffer View Post
    I'm very surprised no one as made a single comment on the method I posted. In another forum we actually worked out the details of the build. I tried all the other systems and none compare to the speed, accuracy, versatility and quality of this method. Not to mention it was cheap and very easy to build.

Anyone up for a challenge that leads to making a believer out of you?

Don
    Sorry, I was in the middle of responding to your last post. I think your way is a very efficient way of flush trimming panels and if you are dealing with as many panels as you had mentioned it would probably be easier to move a router than 3/4" plywood.

I would have to disagree with you there since that is the way I have been doing it for the last six years when I have a lot of panels to flush trim. But, I have used the set up you posted when dealing with large panels. My method can still be done on the router table even with large panels but I think your method is very good!!!
    Just not with inside corners. Right?

Don

Sorry, I was in the middle of responding to your last post. I think your way is a very efficient way of flush trimming panels and if you are dealing with as many panels as you had mentioned it would probably be easier to move a router than 3/4" plywood.
    Have been building walk in closets for one house. His and hers closets two separate rooms 12 by 9. A pantry, their sons walk in closet. The guest room with two reach in closets and will end in the garage storage of what I'm not sure.

Don

13. Quote Originally Posted by Don Huffer View Post
    Just not with inside corners. Right? Don
    Correct!!!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Don Huffer View Post
    Have been building walk in closets for one house. His and hers closets two separate rooms 12 by 9. A pantry, their sons walk in closet. The guest room with two reach in closets and will end in the garage storage of what I'm not sure. Don
    Sounds like fun..... I think we get so use to using a certain set up we sometimes forget about different ways that might actually be better for the situation.

Sounds like fun..... I think we get so use to using a certain set up we sometimes forget about different ways that might actually be better for the situation.
    I couldn't be more bored with the job. I have basically used the same method for each closet. Just changed the dimensions. Every thing is stained too. But it's been a money maker.

Don