Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new old door. a look at the design. The sustainable door

my new old door. a look at the design. The sustainable door

for those that were following my energy saving type door build here is an up date.

jack
    English machines

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

John

That door turned out great Jack, the oak burl panels look fantastic. Thanks for posting the video explaining how it all works.

An effective showpiece for clients I reckon. Very well thought out.

That is a fantastic door. Design and execution is excellent.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Woirhaye View Post
    An effective showpiece for clients I reckon. Very well thought out.
    I agree, that door speaks volumes about attention to detail. Just wonderful work.

Well planned, well done ,and well explained. I can see you are a PROFESSIONAL who won't do a bad client designed
    project without a fight to improve it. And remember I'M the one who said you would not be able to avoid stave core stiles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Well planned, well done ,and well explained. I can see you are a PROFESSIONAL who won't do a bad client designed
    project without a fight to improve it. And remember I'M the one who said you would not be able to avoid stave core stiles!!!
    I remember that Mel.LOL stave core is costly and should only be done when necessary. I do believe it has it own problems too. where in this door the stiles are 8" wide and the outer and inner lower panels are of a different configuration and color matched from the same log stave was the only way to go.
    jack
    English machines

Looks and works great! Do you buy your weather-stripping parts from Resource Conservation Technologies? That's the only place I've dealt with for as long as I remember, and I haven't really bothered to look for another place. I was just wondering if you have another source.

i have sense gotten off the historical bronzes weather striping though we do use it for some thing. I gets some of my product from my local door window suppler. I use Tago for some stuff too

i use these guys to for kerf seals
    http://www.weatherstripping.ca/produ...tripping-sets/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Looks and works great! Do you buy your weather-stripping parts from Resource Conservation Technologies? That's the only place I've dealt with for as long as I remember, and I haven't really bothered to look for another place. I was just wondering if you have another source.
    Last edited by jack forsberg; 05-17-2014 at 2:18 PM.
    jack
    English machines

Fascinating video Jack! Thanks for sharing that very innovative door. I like the architecture on the building too.

Thanks. I'll check that out. Here's the place I've used forever. http://www.conservationtechnology.co...therseals.html

I use Conservation Tech seals as well. I do a double tube seal and when having a house tested for heat loss they do better than most factory doors.

Jack, very nice work. What I am most envious about is your work with metal, would like to add that to my toolbox.

Thank You, Larry

Jack, I enjoy your videos and learn something every time you post. Thanks!

That's genius, unique and creative! Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.