Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bandsaw Blade broke

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Meadows View Post
    I have has a Woodmaster CT on my Grizzly 16" for over a year. It has crowned wheels. No problems at all so far. The reason I went with the CT is although some of the special resaw blades cut well new, most dull quickly. the CT has outlasted several lesser blades.

David, I do have ceramic thrust bearings, not sure how much difference that makes, but they sure last longer. May never have to replace them!
    With my experience, a thinner Bi-Metal blade will give about the same life, perhaps slightly shorter than the Carbide tipped. The difference is the Bi-Metal will be blunt, whereas the Carbide will fatigue crack on my smaller saw. My Tri-Masters took a while to fail, after quite a bit of re-sawing, but they will still be perfectly sharp when fatigue cracks start showing up. It gets expensive. Bi-metal = $40, Tri-Master = $180.

Ok....

so...the European Lenox branch office and the German responsible agent decided that I get a new blade for free, which was shipped from the workshop in Poland via the German distributor to me...

Not joking....Netherlands to Germany to Germany to Poland to Germany to me...not the blade itself, but just the decision.

Anyhow, I have a new blade, that's nice.