Thread: Blum Undermount slides - what is "standard"

Blum Undermount slides - what is "standard"

I am working on another kitchen and am going to order the drawers for this one instead of making them myself. The company I am using (New England Drawer - great company if you are looking for drawers btw) and I can order them pre-notched and drilled for the slides. Wondering if any kitchen-cabinet builders out there can tell me which Blum slides are the "standards" and the standard drawer depth is for a standard base cabinet with overlay doors / drawer fronts would be with the undermount slides? Both other kitchen projects I have done I have used full-extension side-mount slides and I built 22" deep drawers.

Let me know if I am not giving enough information here.

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Last edited by Larry Fox; 05-21-2014 at 9:00 AM.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

The predominant Blum undermount is the B563H series. They're softclose. For the usual 24"-deep base cabinet, use 21" slides -- B563H5330B. The outside depth of the drawer box is 21".

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    I am working on another kitchen and am going to order the drawers for this one instead of making them myself. The company I am using (New England Drawer - great company if you are looking for drawers btw) and I can order them pre-notched and drilled for the slides. Wondering if any kitchen-cabinet builders out there can tell me which Blum slides are the "standards" and the standard drawer depth is for a standard base cabinet with overlay doors / drawer fronts would be with the undermount slides? Both other kitchen projects I have done I have used full-extension side-mount slides and I built 22" deep drawers.

Let me know if I am not giving enough information here.

Thanks in advance for your time.
    I use Blum Tandem 562H full extension which have a max 21" drawer length. If you want 24" or longer then you'll need to move up to a heavy duty 568H (110LB load). Hope this helps. Others may have better info.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

What Jamie said. Beyond that, go to Blum's website and download their design and installation info. for the slide series you want to use. http://www.blum.com/us/en/01/30/10/ Everything you'll ever want to know.

John

I gave dated info in my prior post. Talking to Blum this morning about my own upcoming project I was informed that there have been some name and part number, and specification changes on the Tandem line. Blum used to have both a "562H" and a "562H with Blumotion". They now call their Blumotion version a 563H, and retained the 562H for non-Blumotion only. Max drawer lengths for both are still 21". In addition, load capacity on 562/563 has increased from 75 to 100 lbs.

I also found out that their 568H heavy duty have been replaced with 569H, with drawer lengths from 18" to 33" in 3" increments. Heavy duty load capacity was increased to 150 lbs. I'm purchasing this model for some large/deep file drawers in an office remodel.

Here's a link to their brochure containing tech specs and installation schematics. Go to "all downloads for this product" at page bottom, then select "brochure", then select the icon on the left. Browse down to the relevant page. http://www.blum.com/us/en/01/30/10/
    Last edited by scott vroom; 05-21-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Thanks guys - I appreciate the time and info.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields