Thread: I bought a Dewalt DWP611PK...

I bought a Dewalt DWP611PK...

... about a week ago and I LOVE it!

I've always wanted a small one hand router plus I don't (didn't) have a plunge router but I mainly bought it to use as a one hand trim router.

I've only played around with the plunge part but it seems very well done and in the next day or two I'll test it with some keyhole plunges on a mirror frame. Not expecting any problems.

But as a handheld router for trimming plywood edging and small edge round-overs, it's great. Quick and easy to change bits and it fit's so well in one hand.

The soft start is nice too.

Woodworking/Finish Carpentry is a very different world from when I started 40 years ago. This is a heck of a deal for $165.

I bought that kit too. Nice setup.

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    I've got the same router in the Porter Cable line. I love mine too. I find it's really the best size for routing profiles. Seems the standard routers are now overkill. I can leave my 690s in other setups like the router table and just use this pint size for hand type applications.

Would have liked to have the led lights but didn't see the need for the speed settings. The PC doesn't have either.

Don

I love mine too. I know the reasons they don't but wish they had a 1/2 collet since 90% of bits do.

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    I love mine too. I know the reasons they don't but wish they had a 1/2 collet since 90% of bits do.
    I've been routing 3/4" dados with a 1/2" bit in an exact width dado fixture for quite a few feet and this router has the right amount of power and weight.

Don

I also bought the kit and really like the feel of it. I came into a real good deal on a new motor on an auction site and got it to install on the spare base.

Gilbert

I want a fixed base 611 for its DC capability. I want above base pickup as I route inside and outside edges on a part I sell. The colt seems to only collect below the base with a fixed base.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    I want a fixed base 611 for its DC capability. I want above base pickup as I route inside and outside edges on a part I sell. The colt seems to only collect below the base with a fixed base.
    I bought the dust collectors for both the plunge and the base. Don't have a lot of experience with either yet but in testing them right after purchase, I'd rate them both as good but not great. The outside edges will let more chips escape than the inside edges from my limited experience.

I used it with the fixed base off and on all day today without the dust collector because I had my vac connected to my sander. What a pleasure to ease the edges of my doors with such a lightweight router.

Gilbert has me thinking I should find another motor for the plunge base.

I love this little cutie! Next time I have to use my PC 7518 I'll probably pull a muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Gilbert has me thinking I should find another motor for the plunge base.
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Vega View Post
    There you go.
    Given that I just spent $500 on a few pounds of Incra aluminum, and I STILL have to build my own router table, I'll be waiting for a deal like yours to pass my way.

...But it's GOLD aluminum!...