Thread: MiniMax FS30 (12' Jointer/Planer) Porkchop Guard Question

MiniMax FS30 (12' Jointer/Planer) Porkchop Guard Question

Could somebody who owns one of these beasties give me the specs for the bolt holding the porkchop guard to the jointer? I'd like to be able to use my latest acquisition with minimal risk.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

John, I'm pretty sure it's M8x1.25 but I also believe it's a shoulder bolt, not a regular one. The Parts Pronto site will tell you for sure.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    John, I'm pretty sure it's M8x1.25 but I also believe it's a shoulder bolt, not a regular one. The Parts Pronto site will tell you for sure.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA
    Erik, Parts Pronto doesn't list the bolt as a distinct part, it's simply included in the Pivot Assembly. Your parts folks weren't even able to give me as much information as you have, only that it's a common bolt. I'll hunt around here in SLC and hopefully find a suitable bolt, starting with a M8x1.25 shoulder bolt.

Thanks for the info.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Not sure its the same but I will take a peek at my 12" F series Minimax and see what it has. There are a lot of people on this forum with that same machine though, so I'm sure one will jump in here.

Larry

The allen head cap screw for the guard for my CU300 Classic (which possibly incorporates the same 12" J/P as you have), is 8mm in diameter. The threaded section is 35mm long. The cap is 14mm in diameter, and it takes a 6mm allen wrench. I counted 21 threads per inch which calculates to about 0.8 threads per mm. Sorry I can't provide the correct call-out, but maybe this information will help.