Thread: Bitter Sweet Gloat

Bitter Sweet Gloat

7 Corners Hardware in St Paul is closing and I have gotten several sweet deals. I have picked up an assortment of tools and router bits at great prices. It will close today Saturday. On Friday afternoon I stopped after work to see what they still had. It is very picked over so I was looking for some gems. Well even though some parts are missing and few are parts of the whole. I think I did well. 2 Jet 27"x36" extension saw tables; 2 smaller extension Powermatic tables; 1 Biesemeyer extension table; 1 Trojan jobsite table saw ext. with their fence system; the rollers of a HTC roller out feed conveyer table; 1 delta mobile ext. base missing the casters and 3 metal supports along with a few odds and ends. $74 bucks. This is bittersweet though, because this was one of the best tool stores out there and I have been buying from them for years. I hope to make a out feed table for my new Sawstop 3 HP PCS that I will be setting up this weekend and a few other work tables from these. Here are the Pictures as proof. Dan
    IMG_20140523_204752_534.jpgIMG_20140523_205757_687.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man, aint that a cryin shame. I always thought well of those guys, though I only knew them via their website. Sounds like the owners kid doesnt want it and some developer finally made them an offer they couldnt refuse. Sorry to see them closing today.

Sad.

Fred

I was talking with another local today and he believes that they closed because that storefront is so close to the arena and the thinks a bar will open there. Make sense, or a wild guess?

7-Corners is a entire block, and it is right next to the Hockey venue for the MN Wild and the River Center. I'm sure he received an offer he could not refuse, since he lives out in CA. The workers are the ones who will pay, many of them have been there for a good 10 years or longer. I have been going there for tools for about 15 years now and have seen the same ones. I stopped in again and bought about $300 worth of stuff on Saturday again. A lot of stainless, brass hardware, electrical wire, 4 6' piano hinges, some more tables and assorted sockets and crows feet. I might not use it all, but I will not worry about needing to buy any again for a very long time. Dan

Dan

You are correct about the sale. I was there in March to make a purchase, and spoke to the guys working there about what happened.

They indicated a bar/resurant on the street level, and high end apartments/lofts in the upper levels.

Jim

It might be high end apartments they sure are building a lot of the these days. They say average rent is about $3200 per month. I have no idea where the Jobs are you are that pay that well. My house payment is a third of that on a 10 year note. Only have 7 year left. Dan

"Bitter Sweet Gloat" about covers it. Best hardware store I've ever been in and at 60+ years, I've been in more than a few. First bought from them in the 1980's (mail order) when I lived down south. DW says the reason I married her was because she lived close to Seven Corners Hardware. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sayin' ...

Would you have any other favorite stores in Twin Cities? Been to Woodcraft, Rocklers, Acme but always kept coming back to Seven Corners.