Thread: Can I fix this circular saw?

Can I fix this circular saw?

Or is it trashed?

I suppose it got bent being under a pile of stuff in the back of the van.
    I don't use it all that often and it's rare to use it on anything that needs to be a nice accurate cut.

It's the middle of the pack Ryobi.
    It's served me pretty well, but, it is a lower end saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Yeah, you can fix it. All you need to do is un-bend the bent arm. It'll work as well as it did when it was new -- that is, middle-of-pack Ryobi. But, of course, if you jneed a plausible excuse to buy a new tool -- yeah, it is completely unfixable.

I agree. I have straightened my Skill saw out.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Blog Entries
    I agree you can just straighten it out. I would remove the entire base from the motor if that is feasible to work on it and use a square to tell when it is back where it belongs.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

5. Put back in the van under the stuff and drive around the block a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I agree you can just straighten it out. I would remove the entire base from the motor if that is feasible to work on it and use a square to tell when it is back where it belongs.

+1 And if you can't get it back to perfectly square, make some test cuts and move the adjustment until its passable for framework - lock it in place and use it.
    -Lud

Thanx!
    I was concerned there might be something safety related I was missing.

I'll go ahead and just straighten it up as best I can.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

You can find the part here for about $19, #29 974802-002 BASE ASSEMBLY....http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bas...-p-150770.html Of course shipping might make it cost more. Or you can find someone to cut out some new brackets. Here is the breakdown: http://manuals.ryobitools.com/system...sheet.pdf?2011 Dan