Thread: Portrait Puzzles ??

Portrait Puzzles ??

Anyone ever had one done up and given it as a gift ?

Blog Entries
    My wife was given a package that allows you to scan in a photo and then it prints out a map of how to assemble the pieces from the back side to create the image on the front side. She hasn't tried it yet.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

A friend of mine does something like this. He scroll saws jigsaw puzzles from photos that customers provide - they are quite impressive.
    I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.

I received one a couple years ago. She scanned in a photo on a website and they made a puzzle that was about 18"x12". Something like that. Only 100 pieces but it was a cool gift. Glue it with Mod Podge and build a frame for it.

I did that a few times for kids. Rather than photos I used picture calendars - disney, etc. The kids always enjoyed them. Havent done it in a few years, but they were neat crafty-type items that were quick and easy. You can build a solid frame (border) around them or not.

Fred

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen those. I saw a shop that made minitures of you using 3D printing. You went into a room. They scanned you 360 degrees, and then printed out a miniture version of you 6" tall. It was then painted and put on a base. They people I wached doing this were going to put these on their mantle. Hmmmmm?????
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I've done several of people's dogs. They supply a favourite picture and I have it printed at a local shop to the size that they would like. I downloaded a jigsaw piece map and I have it printed to the same size as the picture. I just glue the picture to one side of the mdf and the map to the other and cut it out on a scroll saw. I've seen better ones done cutting them freehand, but I'm not that good.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON