Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now I know my work is international!

John, Congrats on all your success. It couldn't happen to a better guy.
    I've really enjoyed watching you progress and succeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Congratulations my friend and well deserved! Your work and artistic eye is something all of us can emulate. As your former student at Campbell Folk School earlier this year you challenged and encouraged me to create my first hollow form that I'm not sure I would have ever attempted on my own!

Bruce

Congratulations John!
    A beautiful piece well deserving of the recognition!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

I really do appreciate everyone's comments - particularly those from folks that have been a part of my travels along this road. I can't emphasis enough the knowledge and tutoring I received from folks here on the creek. I truly feel blessed. None of us should take this resource for granted. SMC is the largest woodworking forum on the web, and the collective resources here are astounding. By participating, and by contributing, you are a part of that resource.

My progression into turning has its history, most of which played out here on the creek. I went from a flatworker of many years, to being a hybrid Neander using mostly handtools for detail work. Much of what I learned in those years transferred to my turning - joinery, sanding and finishing techniques, and decades of exposure to the various species of domestic woods. A lot of the more recently acquired skills resulted from knowledge gained on the creek, so there are many to thank - even outside the Turner's Forum.

But, there are those special folks here in the Turner's Forum that were especially encouraging and helpful, and I will never forget those folks. When I first decided to turn a set of table legs, I never conceived of where this road might lead me. I certainly have no idea what the future holds, but I do know I will enjoy each and every day of it more because of my woodturning.

Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations John quite an honor. I have been away from woodturning and these forums for some time but I am not surprised to find that you have reached this plateau in your turning career. Your work has always been exemplary, and was just a matter of time to receive the recognition from the non-turning world. Well done sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Congratulations. When I met you in St. Paul a couple of years ago, I knew you were a special guy. You are an inspiration.

Congratulations John! Well done!!

Outstanding work and recognition John, and the bonus is that you were paid by a politician!

Thanks, again! Jamie, actually, it was a Commonwealth of KY check, so.......thanks for making it possible with your tax dollars!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Thanks, again! Jamie, actually, it was a Commonwealth of KY check, so.......thanks for making it possible with your tax dollars!!
    .......well, at least someone besides the politician got some.........that ain't bad in my book!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

The only thing that could make it better would be if you lived in Paducah . Congratulations on your recognition by others outside the creek. Those of us in the creek already know! I knew the artisan center would be a good fit for your work, I'll be going by there on Friday but doubt they will be open at 4 am. I have a tee time at Gatlinburg Country Club at 9:40.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.