Thread: Are Your Glue Joints Repairable?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau
    know i have a question for ya, how does the plastic resin glue do in reguards to the finishing aspect. does the joint line show up? clean up in reguards to the surface prep for stain or clear finish. are there some tricks that you have learned in the respect that you could share? thanks in advance, i had used that plastic resin in school but hadnt since maybe the teacher was on to somethng? i figured it was just because it worked with the heater they had to dry the joints.
    Sands better than any glue out there and light brown color provides an invisible glue line....it is noted for both. 30-minute open time.

I don't know why it's not more popular with high-end hobbyists. What is the sense of doing traditional, repairable joinery if you stick it together with an unrepairable glue?

PL Premium is a poly construction adhesive.
    Last edited by Bob Smalser; 06-30-2005 at 9:20 AM.
    “Perhaps then, you will say, ‘But where can one have a boat like that built today?’ And I will tell you that there are still some honest men who can sharpen a saw, plane, or adze...men (who) live and work in out of the way places, but that is lucky, for they can acquire materials for one third of city prices. Best, some of these gentlemen’s boatshops are in places where nothing but the occasional honk of a wild goose will distract them from their work.” -- L Francis Herreshoff