Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't send a job to my Epilog.

Can't send a job to my Epilog.

I have an 60w Epilog Fusion, and have been running it without a flaw for over 6 months now, this is the first error I've encounted.

I can't get a job to send from my main computer to the laser, as in it's not recognizing anything at all, not just the whole 0 second print job thing. Originally I thought my usb ports had stopped working again, so I plugged it into all my different usb ports and still nothing. Thought it was the cable, used a different usb cable, still didn't print. Plugged the cable into the computer running the Cnc and boom, runs a job straight away.

So what's next? Uninstall then reinstall my print driver? Is there an update I'm missing? I was running from this computer up until lunchtime yesterday then stopped after lunch.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Mitch
    Epilog Fusion 40 (60w)
    CAMaster CNC Router.
    Flame Polisher
    Range of sanders
    Drill Press
    Table Saw

my fusion gets cranky when i start it up with the usb already connected to the laptop.

Does the machine already have a job in ready to run or perhaps one that needs to be erased because of a bad download?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Have you tested the USB ports on the PC by plugging in a USB memory stick? USB ports can blow the 5 volt rail. If this happens an easy fix is to plug in a USB card that adds say 2 or 4 ports to your PC.

The other thing to check is open device manager in windows and check to see if your laser is listed under USB devices. Hold the windows key down and press the pause/break key to get to this option quickly.

Cheers
    Keith
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

Rebooted my computer and the laser without the usb. Made sure there were no jobs already on the laser, nothing.
    I had previously tested all my usb ports using a memory stick. They're all working.
    I'm reinstalling the print driver as we speak.
    Epilog Fusion 40 (60w)
    CAMaster CNC Router.
    Flame Polisher
    Range of sanders
    Drill Press
    Table Saw

Blog Entries
    Mitchell, reboot the router.
    Michael Gonzales
    Epilog Legend 24 TT 45 watt-
    Vision Max Pro- Vision Expert 8
    CorelDraw x5- Ricoh GX 7000
    Geo Knight DC16

By "0 second job", do you mean that the job name came over to the Epilog, but the machine just beeped and did nothing?

If that is the case, it might be that the file contains only raster engraving, but the driver is set to vector - or vice versa.
    Try setting "Combined" in the driver and see if that helps.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

By now, I'm sure you've already contacted tech support?

If not, call them at (303)215-9171 or chat online with them at http://www.epiloglaser.com/tech-supp...al-support.htm
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

I meant it was not displaying a 0 second job, no job at all. I did not have it set to a raster only file or vector only file.

I have fixed the problem, not sure what caused it, but uninstalling then re installing the print driver did the trick.
    Thank you all anyway.
    Epilog Fusion 40 (60w)
    CAMaster CNC Router.
    Flame Polisher
    Range of sanders
    Drill Press
    Table Saw

Mitchell,
    I used to have all kinds of problems sending with a USB to my Ext Epilog. I finally switched it to Ethernet and my life is a song with it. I have been running for about a year and half using that connection and I can't recall one instance of a file not making it to the machine.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

That's the only error I've had with for the entire 8 months I've been running it, and it's done some hours so I'm not so fussed.
    It it turns out to be a problem, I'll look into switching to Ethernet instead.
    Epilog Fusion 40 (60w)
    CAMaster CNC Router.
    Flame Polisher
    Range of sanders
    Drill Press
    Table Saw

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    Mitchell,
    I used to have all kinds of problems sending with a USB to my Ext Epilog. I finally switched it to Ethernet and my life is a song with it. I have been running for about a year and half using that connection and I can't recall one instance of a file not making it to the machine.
    The only problem I've faced with ethernet is the router. I haven't found a way to get my lasers MAC address so I cant reserve the certain IP for it in the router. There have been a few instances where a new machine connected to the router takes the IP address of the laser and that has caused all my problems. The only thing I can think of that could help with this, is to reserve a large enough IP pool for new machines (tablets, phones etc.)
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

Hi Henri

To get the mac address of the laser, try this

Go to the command prompt e.g. run cmd
    Then type arp -a 192.168.1.6 into the command window. The 192.168.1.6 for example would need to be the IP address of the laser.

Cheers
    Keith

I have to use USB, as my Epilog helix 60w blew the ethernet board when it was just out of warranty. Supplier wants over $1800 for a new board - (probably a $10 chip blown).
    Is anyone on the forum here up to speed with the ethernet boards in these Lasers ?

cheers,
    Chris
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Post up a good photo of the board if you can. I repair and design electronics. First thing I would test is make sure there is either 5 volts and or 3,3 volts supply present on the board. 2nd I would inspect the Ethernet connector for damage and good soldering as the cord could have got tugged on. See if you can read the chip number on the chip closest to the Ethernet connector.

Cheers
    Keith