So I ended up getting the black Grizzly GO555 bandsaw. Not necessarily my first choice, if I bought a different grizzly bandsaw, it would have been the GO513 at least. After dropping huge dollars on the planer, I really didn't want to go too over budget on the bandsaw. This bandsaw can still handle curved cuts and even light resawing (>/= 6 inches).

Assembling the saw wasn't too bad, my only issue is that some minor parts didn't match those in the instructions which made it a bit confusing. For example, there may be a hex bolt where they say there's a wing nut for adjusting, and there was no description on where the one lever went, but I finally figured it out when I was tensioning the band saw blade.

Getting into operation, I started a little minor project recycling the plywood from the crate my planer came in. Everything the was going alright, the wood was cutting nicely, but then 3 minutes into the project, the table tilts randomly and knocks the blade off the wheels. No major damage done to the saw that I know of, but the blade was shot. I cursed a few times and threw the wood. Then I replace the blade and 5 minutes later a knob falls off the machine from who knows where, and it wasn't the table tilt one. After that, then the power goes out at my house.

So first use was not fun at all. From starting out with a minor project though, I find it well worth it because even though minor, it tells me some things I still need to buy like more clamps especially, and it also tells me I need way more shop space. Either I'll proceed with building another shed to store a few things using the funds from my budget I was going to use to insulate it, or maybe even do the painful back breaking job of bringing everything down the basement.