Thread: Considering a SawStop - how much to expect selling current Jet saw

Considering a SawStop - how much to expect selling current Jet saw

I currently have a 1990's Jet JWTS10 Contractor Saw that is in great shape, but comes with an older model fence. I am thinking about upgrading to a SawStop - not sure if a Contractor or Cabinet model, and was curious what I could reasonable expect to get for my existing saw. New Jet contractor saws go for $1500, could I expect to get half that ?

Thanks in advance for any best guesses.

Always depends on where you are. Too much used machinery available lowers prices and vice versa. In middle TN, I have seen a half dozen blue Jet contractor saws from that period which ranged from $300-500 asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by John Schweikert View Post
    Always depends on where you are. Too much used machinery available lowers prices and vice versa. In middle TN, I have seen a half dozen blue Jet contractor saws from that period which ranged from $300-500 asking price.
    I think that range is exactly right. I sold mine with an upgraded unifence and 52 inch rails for $475 7 years ago. I would that the first offer you get in the $400 range.

Upgrading to cabinet saw would be a true upgrade in my opinion. Sure it is more money but the cabinet saw is on another level over any contractor saw.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I just bought a Saw Stop and was able to sell my Delta Hybrid saw for $500. The Delta was about 25 years old and in very good condition. (220v) It had a jet lock fence.

I would say 400 to 500 Max..

Blog Entries
    I agree that location and availability of used gear will effect your price. A friend just bought one out here in Cali in good shape with an 8" Freud SD-208 thrown in for $350. It does have the stamped steel extensions so that could account for the lower price.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It depends on several things. Which fence, what the wing material is, whether or not you still have the blade guard, and miter gauge, extras like mobile base, dado insert, etc. I wouldn't expect $700 even if it came with solid cast wings and an Xacta II fence. With steel wings and the older Jet Fence, I'd think it might go for $350 or so...maybe more if there are extras and it's complete. A pics would be helpful.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Todd

I have the exact same model saw and to be honest, if you got $700+ for it that would be amazing. My best guess is $250.00 to $400.00 depending on fence and table top surfaces.
    When I purchased a new table saw a few years back, I was trying to decide whether or not to sell mine and in the end decided to keep it. It currently functions as the out feed table for my General, and always has a cross cut blade on it. It's nice to be able to set up the two different saws, one for rips, and one for crosscuts or special cuts, without having to change blades.
    It's very convenient having two table saws.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)