Thread: eagle 15" planer

eagle 15" planer

I recently picked this up .It is an import product . I want to put a helical head in it . has anyone done this and have info or advice . Any info on the planer at all .Thankyou

Is it Eagle or Enco? Either way it's likely the same classic 4 post design and putting a Helical head in it would be the same as a powermatic, Jet, grizzly, etc.

There's a good tutorial on Byrd's website.

eagle . Will have to find that tutorial on there websight . found a few video's on machines that were close . May have to guess the head being Byrd doesn't know for sure though they are pretty sure which head .I do not want to pull it down just to get measurements .

If you are committed to the rebuild anyway, pull it and send it to them. You will have to pull it anyway.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Post a picture of the machine, I can most likely tell you if it's the same as the other machines mentioned.

Also, there was a company called Eagle Machinery that was an importer of machines like I believe Aganazzi and maybe Inca so maybe they did their own private label deal with an Asian factory. Don't know but worth a call if you can find their info.

Brian .Dan from holbrem tech support sent a diagram for a generic head .I am scratching around for away to be able to get one sent to me and pop it in the same day .Not at all wanting it down for weeks .
    I will see if I can come up with a way to post a picture today . It looks like a delta 790 . thankyou for posting

Have some arriving tomorrow, can ship then. You'll need to get bearings in advance.