Thread: magnets and Nova DVR lathe

magnets and Nova DVR lathe

Are there any problems attaching a magnetic base lamp, such as a Moffat, to the headstock of the DVR lathe where all the electronics reside?

Tim

I have the following magnets on mine... A dish (for faceplate screws and bits), the wrench for the Nova chucks and two different lamps.

Also, speaking as a knowledgeable "expert" (BS-EE, Ham Radio Extra, Commercial Radio License, etc). A magnet attached the the steel case will have no noticeable effect on either the electronics or motor. This is largely due to the steel case the magnets are attached to, the "lines" of force tend to bend and travel through the case.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

I have the DVR 2024. I have so many magnets on mine, that compasses don't operate correctly within a quarter mile of my shop (not really; but I do have a bunch of the all over the lathe). I also have one of those magnetic based lathe lamps from Rockler. It sits on my headstock most of the time when not on the rails. No tengo ningún problemas (ie., I have had no issues whatsoever)

[QUOTE=Jeff Gilfor;2273546]I have the DVR 2024. I have so many magnets on mine, that compasses don't operate correctly within a quarter mile of my shop (not really;

what happen to the planes and helicopters that fly over your house, they fly with the use of compasses

[QUOTE=ray hampton;2273573]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gilfor View Post
    I have the DVR 2024. I have so many magnets on mine, that compasses don't operate correctly within a quarter mile of my shop (not really;

what happen to the planes and helicopters that fly over your house, they fly with the use of compasses
    I ain't flying on no airplane with a compass - just saying.

I've never flown an airplane that didn't have a compass.