Thread: GO555 running rough

GO555 running rough

I have had my GO555 for over five years and it started thumping as it ran. It would come and go. Last week I tore into it and found a lot of play in the lower wheel. I took it apart and found the two bearings to be just fine but the wheel shaft appeared to be worn a bit under one of the bearings. I had to use a gear puller with a lot of force to get the shaft out of the wheel. Grizzly sent me a new shaft in short order at a cost of $9.50 + $8.50 shipping. I put it together today and it solved the problem. Runs as smooth as it did when it was new. The new wheel shaft just took a little tapping and some WD-40 and it when right on. Good to have my saw back up and running. I use this saw mostly for re-sawing.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

I think Grizzly does an amazing job stocking parts for these tools.

I am in my shop about 40 hours a week. I make small boxes with images or lettering inlaid into the lids so I have to re-saw a lot of maple and cedar to make them. Kinda' a hobby and kinda' a business. I sell all my stuff...eventually.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Meadows View Post
    Glad you said that! Was thinking it myself.
    Wait, did you quote from a message that was deleted or something? What happened there?