Thread: Combo Machine Footprint?

Combo Machine Footprint?

I'm wondering if footprint diagrams exist for some of the more popular combo machines like Minimax, Hammer? I'm n a garage shop and I'm wondering...

Hammer offers footprint diagrams and most likely so does MiniMax.

The MM CU 300 fits in a single car garage very nicely....... and, if needed wheels into a corner to make way for my daughters VW.

I just want to see how much space combo machines take when not in use and then when in use. I have a 2 car garage and use half of it for WW equipment. Right now, I have a PM2000 with 36" fence and a short outfeed table. A couple of feet behind that, I have a Laguna DC and beside that, a MM 12" J/P. With that setup, I don't have to move anything around for use. I'm sure if I got rid of the table saw and replaced it with a MM slider, with my MM FS30 Smart attached, it would all fit, but my concern is, how room would I need to work around the machines when in use. I think I would stay away from the shaper to avoid the costly knives. I have a router setup that works fine for me.
    Any pics of your combo machine setups would be nice.

The one dimension you absolutely need to identify on a combo (or straight slider) is the total throw for the slider wagon. For my MM S315 slider with its 8'6" wagon, that's 19' end to end. The rest of the space is more about safe access and material handling.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Check out the pics on my page here, I have some measurements of a Felder combo in pictures.

If you can't find proper dimensions, Check out Robland website, they have manual you can download, in the manual there are dimensions for individual machines, it should be similar for other brands say Minimax or Felder.