Thread: Cincinnati Dustmaster 200S rebuild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cincinnati Dustmaster 200S rebuild

Well, this is my first post here, so if this is in the wrong section, please let me know. I have a couple of these drum type 2 stage collectors that actually do a pretty nice job. but there are a couple of things that I do not like about them and would like some advice on a plan of action I have. I can build a reasonably priced cyclone system using my existing Cincinnati blower with Baldor motor. It is a 2 HP 1100 CFM unit. Not sure the costs as I have not really priced out things other than a potential cyclone body. Really don't know if I want to do the sheet metal work myself or I can possibly buy an Oneida Super Dust Deputy set up utilizing the blower. But I believe the blower should be sufficient to build a portable style cyclone.

Now the drum top collectors are already 2 stage units with much the same cyclonic action as a cyclone, as opposed to the single stage bag units where everything flies through the blower. The problem with the drum top units is, and probably the reason they sort of fell out of favor, is that everything sits on the top of the drum, so to empty the drum, you have to lift the unit off. Major PIA. The darn thing is heavy, especially with that Baldor sitting up top. Got to be 150 lbs + with the blower. I already almost went to the floor lifting the thing into place on the drum the other day. Not to mention 55 gallon steel drums are quite heavy to drag around to empty. Fiber reinforced drums are much better, but the one I have now makes the unit feel tippy as all the weight is up top and the blower unit is slightly off set of center. Some folks in the past have used the blockand tackle method hooked to the ceiling to raise it off the drum, but that limits its portability.

So I came up with the idea of building a nice square type cabinet on castors just a little taller that the dust bin I will use. Cabinet will probably measure 30”x30” square and about 40”tall. The round lid on the dust collector unit is reinforced fiberglass 24”diameter, thus at 30x30 that leave a little wider stance to balance it out The top of the cabinet will have a circular MDF ring mounted to the top 24” outside diameter with the center cut out for the unit baffle and elbows to slip through with the lid sitting on top of the ring and sealed by its own weight. There is a rubber seal on the underside of the lid already. Inside the cabinet will be the round 35 gallon Brute as the dust bin ( possibly even smaller, maybe 20 gallon). It will be held in place sealed to the bottomside of the cabinet top with a 3 sided square runner type set up so the Brute rim can slide into it under the opening, much like sliding a drawer in an out. This way when the bin gets full, you can open the door to the cabinet and remove the bin by sliding it out to empty it and NEVER have to remove the motor/blower assembly from the top. I will most likely switch out the 1 micron bag on the unit now for a Wynn cartridge style regardless of which build I go with. What do you guys think? Suggestions or ideas are all welcome.......

Photos and drawing attached. AND please don’t make fun of my scale drawing!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images