Thread: Instructions for HVLP Spray Gun ?

Instructions for HVLP Spray Gun ?

Anybody have a Conversion HVLP spray gun "User's Guide for Dummies".

I purchased the Wood River conversion HVLP spray gun and have attempted to spray Behlen's satin lacquer. Never did get it set for satisfactory results.

David Turner
    Plymouth, MI.

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    Dave
    I found good setup instructions on line. I also thin 50% and spray. Also the tip size must be 1.5 or less. I use a 1.4 in my gun. There is a method and step by step process to follow as to which adjustment to make first and so on.

Practice on a brown piece of cardboard. It's easy to see the spray. After you set up the gun, how close you are to the wood maters and how fast you move the gun. I started out with a setting that allowed me to move slow, which is easier and you make less mistakes. As you get better your going to want to increase the material amount in order to get through it quicker.

The HVLP is the way to go and it won't be long before you experience the advantages. Sorry I don't have any links but their easy to find. It also helps if you search for info under the brand of unit you are using.

Don

David,
    You might want to look for a copy of Jeff Jewitt's Spraying Made Simple. It has easy to follow text with step by step instructions and pictures. It also has a DVD included with the text. I found it very instructive, easy to use and very, very useful.
    Tom