Thread: Weakness at a yard sale

Cool Weakness at a yard sale

Mainly I stick with hand powered tools. However, during the two day yard sale event near here, I spent a $10 bill. After all, it was just laying in the grass on their front lawnIMAG0099.jpgYep. Table was rusty. At least there was a blade still on it. A Craftsman 13" scrollsaw, with a tilting table. IMAG0106.jpgCleaned it up a bit. A palm sander with 220 paper cleaned the table back to shiny metal. Then a rag and a few drops of 3in1 oil was wiped on it. Tilt works nicely. Plugged it in.....Runs like new! Didn't even have it fasten down to the bench, never moved. IMAG0097.jpg Not too bad for just $10? Blades are of the "pin" type.

Nice!!

No way you can go wrong for $10.00.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Love those yard sales!!! . 4KW. power plant. Seller and I both thought motor was stuck and wouldn't turn over. Got it home, tweaked it
    a bit, runs great. Price?? $10 less than Steve paid!

DSCN0856.jpg
    Last edited by Dick Brown; 06-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.

thats not weakness...it takes great strength to embrace an unknown, make a space for it in your shop, take it in as your own and give it a purpose.....least thats what I keep telling myself every time I bring home something from a yard sale! Looks great, enjoy!

For hogging out the waste between pins on your dovetails,
    this could really speed things along.

Scroll saws are funny machines. You'll find out. I seldom do decorative scrolling but I like having one around to do inside cuts for making jigs and things like that.

Blog Entries
    Looks like the one I have. You paid about what it's worth. Seriously, that's a good deal.

Model number # 113.236270

Yes it says Made in China

It is a direct drive, cast iron base, with a tilting table. Pin blades. The one it has MIGHT be a tad dull. Was trying to cut some 5/8" thick corner blocks for a table buildIMAG0102.jpgwas a might hard to keep it cutting a straight line in the Poplar. It also wanted to hop a bit. Had to really hold the wood down. Maybe next time a pay check drifts by, I'll get a few new blades. On the DL right now....