I stopped at an auction one Saturday and saw a nice 4-1/2C setting with a bunch of junk on a table. Most of the stuff there was junk, but they had this really nice plane. I thought I would get it for $10. I had $20 with me, so that was my limit. I waited 3 hours until it came up and sold for $55. Home disappointed. The next Saturday I had a 100 bucks with me and we went to a swap meet. My wife bought a couple dogs with her money and we were walking back to the car when I saw a booth with tools. I stopped to look it over and here was this exact same plane setting there for $70. I could have picked that plane out of a line up of a hundred; I had looked it over carefully just a week ago. So I paid the guy and left with it. It was one of my finer pieces for 3 or 4 years now.

Now I am going through and selling some excess (I have uses for money) and that plane currently is a duplicate. The one I bought at my uncle's auction in PA is the exact same type 11 4-1/2C, and that one cost me close to 300 clams. It is not in as good a shape but will clean up to be very respectable. So I decided to sell it. I decided to let someone have it for about what I paid for if you include the shipping, listed it in the classifieds, and cried a little bit as I packaged it today and sent it out. I expect it will have a very good home.

Side right.jpgShipping.jpg