Thread: shop tour

shop tour

I just finished a remodel in my shop so I decided to post some pics finally... before it got too messy lol. Didn't realize until later that the camera was picking up my case... hence the black rounded corners. Any comments, critiques, and suggestions welcome.

Just a little info on me... I'm a 22 year old kid who has either as serious addictions or a very small business.... I've been woodworking since i was 14 or so. My dad was a carpenter but quit to farm. He still had a lot of his old tools which I've slowly replaced/upgraded over the years. So now I have all my own tools, but dad has been gracious to let me use the old woodshop. As I said, right now it's not full time, but I'd like to get there eventually. I work on the ranch mainly but nock off if I get a customer. Furniture is what I like to build best but I'm willing to do whatever if it's a paying customer, and involves wood:-) I also dabble in lutherie, which is really what got me started initially.
    Also I've had a bunch of black walnut and oak milled off of our creek, so it's been really fun using that wood!

My remodel being a permanent DC system, and the rolling out feed cart, and the cabinets in pic 3.

IMG_0412s.jpgIMG_0409.jpgIMG_0414.jpgIMG_0415.jpgIMG_0416.jpgIMG_0417.jpgIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0419.jpg
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

A few more pics.... Oh and I like to collect antiques, hence all the "junk" on the walls as my bothers call it... The last pic is of my TS turned RT.
    Oh and if your wondering the workbench is next on the upgrade list... It just has too much sentimental value to chuck, but it is not a very good work surface of management of space. Any suggestions on wood storage would be appreciated because its seems I have boards leaning against everything. The screen doors are my latest project for customers. Anyways thanks for looking! Jess
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

I love shop tours!

Nice shop Jesse. A simple lumber rack can hold a lot of lumber if you have the open wall space. Try searching the Creek for ideas.

Thanks for the tour.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

+1 on the shop tour. Thanks

I love the wooden screen doors. Nice job on the router table too.

Rick Potter

Jess
    The old tools on the wall..... the table saw turned into a router table..... I love it all!!

Lornie