Thread: Anyone ever cut Tranparency Film

Anyone ever cut Tranparency Film

I need to cut some and I have a 60W Trotec Speedy 300. I am hoping to avoid doing a power test but if I need to I will. Has anyone here cut it before and remember the settings for what they used?

Greg
    Trotec Speedy 300 60W, with Rotary Attachment
    Corel X8

Quote Originally Posted by Greg W Watson View Post
    I need to cut some and I have a 60W Trotec Speedy 300. I am hoping to avoid doing a power test but if I need to I will. Has anyone here cut it before and remember the settings for what they used?

Greg
    You mean the stuff for overhead transparencies? I would think it would take very little power.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Run a test. Start on the low power side and work your way up.. I have a 25W and can cut with 19% power 70% speed. make sure it is thermal stable transparency film..... Inkjet film in not.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

I guess I will just do a cut test, I am not sure about it's thermal stability I got it from a guy I know who does silk screening. He uses them for his screens.
    Corel X8

On my 40 W Epilog I run them at 100 Speed/25 Power/500 Freq. Use them for stencils.

On my 45 watt Epilog 90 speed 25 power 500 freq.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Hey Greg,
    Is that the same as Mylar? I cut stencils sometimes. You will need to adjust for thickness. mine I think is 10 mil. I also use a 4" lens on my vacuum bed. Let me know if you still need it and I will turn on my laser and see what I use.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

I found the type sold for inkjet printers cut slightly more cleanly than the type for laser printers, if that is any help.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

I was given a few sheets from a guy I partner with who does t-Shirts. I did a power grid on them and got them all cut. They turned out pretty good. I am not posting from my office so I cant remember what settings I used (will post later) but they cut perfect.....STUNK like nobody's business but cut great. They are going to be used as windows in a scale model
    Corel X8