Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Lot of day job work this month but also bonus month so that was cool. Starting on my T5HO light installs and also got some stuff to help organize in there. Finishing and electrical parts and the parts for Radiant heat build really pile up. Also got a toolbox and some mechanics tools. I keep using both shops and running tools back and forth is getting old. Trying out some Dewalt tools after finding some for a seller on my local CL that were NIB. Also got some remote light switches for the Chamberlain internet MyQ app (will use for some outdoor lights) and got the sets with the mini remotes so Johnny has his own opener now.

T5HO 6 bulbs on 20amp circuit and separate circuit for the outlets between them.

New Fridge

New HF 56 Bottom Box with plywood laid on top till I get a chance to make a decent one

Some of the Dewalt tools - Pretty decent quality for teh price and no hassle lifetime replacement (via a call to Dewalt)

New Parts Bins from Sams club - also my trusty old skool pencil sharpener is up!

Johnny's Garage door opener on key LOL

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 06-06-2015 at 1:17 PM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You're going to need sunglasses to work in there.

It took a minute for my mind to visually orientate the light & rafters, LOL!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Tonight's progress. Four more light bars and two more lights installed and I decided to move them 4' more apart to help spread the light a bit more. Hope to have these four under switched power this weekend.

Also been cleaning up the rust on the Delta 16" radial arm saw I picked up off CL last week. Been using Evaporust and Rust Free from Boeshield.

That's a beast of a saw. How much longer do you think to have to go on the lighting?

I have the other half of the shop to install T5 lights in. Also going to install the other garage door opener on the east door.

Installed the romex at the west end today - another 50' at 16' up. This got me my first four T5HO bulbs lit on 3-way switches and the outlets powered for above tool access if I ever want them. Its awesomely bright. I love it. I figure about 30-40 trips up and down the scaffolding today. I am getting pretty good at doing this work myself. Now to move the ply and do the same thing on the east end and also get the east door garage jackshaft opener installed.

These pics are without flash and at least 30'+ from the lights or more. Awesome!

Last night I finished installing the east door's Chamberlain 8500 Jackshaft garage door opener. While I was doing that I also made a sign for a buddy's one year old's birthday today.

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 06-20-2015 at 5:49 PM.

Staggerwing?

All the center lights are up and switched. Soo awesomely bright. Even illuminates the entry ways.

Also motion activated lights are up above the doors. ]

Great weekend!

This might be the most awesome shop ever...on SMC.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Is this a shop or an interrogation hanger?

There are boys here with shops nicer than my house with ww equip that costs more than my truck. I bow to their awesomeness. I just want room to spread out where my buddies and I can make some crazy ideas we come up with wood, plastics, metal, and electronics without being charged a monthly fee and where we can make as much noise as we want and it does not upset a soul. I want a place where i can have a dozen kids or more come over and do fun crafts and not require act of congress for approval or have to schedule it 6 months in advance and have to bring and take away EVERYTHING you will need.
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 06-24-2015 at 9:40 PM.

So Heaven, then.

Go forth.

...and I stand by my words.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Not much new except a new ladder to help work on the walls. CL find on an new Little Giant Aerial Safety Cage 8'-14' platform height - adjustable in 12" increments. That is the platform at 10'.