Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

My condolences, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sorry about your dad.

Nice ladder. I just bought a Little Giant Revolution, 23' extension ladder. Sure came in handy with the Christmas lights this year. It will come in handy for my pole barn build too.

IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2173.jpg

Condolences on your father passing away. Looks like you can have quite the movie night in there! You might have mentioned the projector further up but what do you have?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Optoma HD26 DLP 3D 1080P is the projector
    Blu Ray player is a BDP6500 Sony
    Also am trying some True3D DLPLink 3d glasses
    Receiver is a Denon AVR-910W that I bought as a amazon refurb that for the life of me arrived looking brand spanking new. I cant see a wear mark at all on the feet or anything. It has a crazy ton of features.
    Subs are two Polk pws505 400watt 12s - need lots of bass for this size room - some day I might DIY some dual 18s.
    In wall speakers are the Pyle PDIW87 8" enclosed drivers with 1" tweeters - 4 pair.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Sorry about your dad.

Nice ladder. I just bought a Little Giant Revolution, 23' extension ladder. Sure came in handy with the Christmas lights this year. It will come in handy for my pole barn build too.

IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2173.jpg
    SWEET skidstear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Optoma HD26 DLP 3D 1080P is the projector
    Blu Ray player is a BDP6500 Sony
    Also am trying some True3D DLPLink 3d glasses
    Receiver is a Denon AVR-910W that I bought as a amazon refurb that for the life of me arrived looking brand spanking new. I cant see a wear mark at all on the feet or anything. It has a crazy ton of features.
    Subs are two Polk pws505 400watt 12s - need lots of bass for this size room - some day I might DIY some dual 18s.
    In wall speakers are the Pyle PDIW87 8" enclosed drivers with 1" tweeters - 4 pair.
    Nice! You are having quite a bit of fun in your playhouse!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

This weekend I got my projector put up in the air. This is an Optoma HD26 projector shooting on a 200" diag Favi powered screen. The ceiling mount was $25 import one from amazon. I will tidy the wires up a bit more later. I installed an outlet for it close by and I have two HDMI cable and a mini stereo 12V trigger line ran to the projector.

Sweet setup you've got going Mike. Hey I probably missed it, but what model High Bay fluorescents are you using in your shop?
    Jeff

These are the 2'X4' Howard 6 lamp T5HO fixtures with specular(sp?) shields sold on ebay by Cors Lighting in Jacksonville IL. I am using the 5000k T5HO lamps they sell as well.

72" Roller cabinet day.

Also picked up some Menards sold Tough Built Modular pouches/bags that clip on mounting clips. In the picture are the Framers pouch, the Mega Supply pouch, the Tape Measure pouch, and the Master Electrician pouch. I have some clips mounted on top the Little Giant Ariel Lift platform and on my scaffolding. I load up what tools I need and take it up and it provides tool and fastener organization on the ladder and on my scaffolding. The Tape Measure pouch works well for small drills/drivers and impacts and all the 10.8V/12V Bosch sized drivers. Also I like plastic clear chinese soup containers for holding kreg screws so those are the containers in the bags.

Bit of wall work done this weekend. Made 7 panels of slat wall. Also did some more insulating for the next 7 panels. The walls are 1.5" thick marine grade plywood where the outlets are (5 7/8" wide slats copying the Woodsmith slat wall idea) and they are mounted flush using adjustable single gang boxes. In the finished walls pictured are four 30amp 240V single phase on three separate circuits, a 40 amp 240V single phase on 8ga on a separate circuit, a 30amp 240V 3 phase on its own circuit, and three 20amp 120V single phase on two separate circuits.

Nice to see those Makita tools were put to good use.

Very nice work!

I suppose you are planning on not trimming out that door? I mean, it's a pole barn, right?

Thank you very much again Greg. I think I have them all in use shy of the circ saw and I have even used that once

Todd, Ill do good to just get slat walls up

More east wall work this weekend. The above man-door panel was made and hung and six more wall panels for left of the 14' garage door were made and hung on Sunday. Top of installed wall panels is 8' in these pictures.