I am a first time poster looking for some wisdom. I have to first confess that I have caught the hand tools sickness and I am starting to fall off the deep end, which thus far has been a wonderful experience. I have recently come into a bunch of hand planes at the right price (I think I got 15-17 in the last month and spent less than $150). I am working on restoring three of them right now, a Stanley #4 and #6 and a Sargent #22. It is the #22 where I need some guidance. The plane was in amazing shape when I got it. Only one issue: the area of casting where the yoke is held by the rivet/pin was originally cast rather poorly. When I removed the pin, which had been slightly peened over I pulled the very small bit if cast iron off. I am trying to ascertain how one could correct this problem. Should I replace the small bit of casting and smear with JB Weld and file back into shape before repainting? Is there a soldering technique that the average guy could learn which would be safe for this type of cast iron? What do you guys think??? I appreciate any comments and would be happy to clarify if there are any questions.
Sargent Frog 1.jpg

Sargent Frog 2.jpg