Thread: Anybody know what's going on with Walt Q???

Anybody know what's going on with Walt Q???

I know he was battling stomach cancer, but he seemed to be doing better and then..."poof"...he just kind of disappeared. His Brass City Records site (http://www.brasscityrecords.com/tool...w%20tools.html) hasn't been updated in months.

Does anybody know how he's doing???
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

He's a regular over on Woodnet. Last post was June 4th...
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

I stopped by his shop over the weekend. It was closed but there was a note on the door stating recovery was going well and he would have the shop open next weekend. I was sorry I missed him but glad to here he is doing better.

thanks Don, glad to hear he is feeling well enough to open next week. I was lucky enough to stop by his shop a few years ago. real nice guy...

Well, I did not see anything about Walt lately so I googled and sadly found his obituary. I did not find anything on this site but searching doesn't always work well for me. Here is a link in case you did not know: http://www.maioranofuneralhome.com/f...34&fh_id=10796

thanks for the update, how sad. i got my first couple handplanes from him among other tools along the way. what a loss.

Very sad to hear. RIP
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I found myself thinking of Walt tonight, while looking for a particular file. I bought a lot of tools from Walt over the years. Planes, braces, bits, files, rules, chisels - you name it.

For those of you that didn't know, Walt was the guy behind Brass City Records. He was a class act to do business with.

He passed last May, and he will be missed. I hope his wife is holding up.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    I found myself thinking of Walt tonight, while looking for a particular file. I bought a lot of tools from Walt over the years. Planes, braces, bits, files, rules, chisels - you name it.

For those of you that didn't know, Walt was the guy behind Brass City Records. He was a class act to do business with.

He passed last May, and he will be missed. I hope his wife is holding up.
    He also came to mind for me today when I was looking through an old thread on planes.

Odd that my only purchase from him was before my woodworking days in search of an odd hunk of vinyl.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I finally got my hand-tool area set up in the basement and my first thought was to go visit Walt and do some shopping. I have bought several planes and odds and ends from him and always loved visiting his store. He was a neat guy to talk to and as straight a shooter as they come. I was sorry to - very belatedly - see his obituary. He will be missed.

RIP Walt.