Hi all, been lurking off and on here for a while. I have a very humble shop that consists of an el cheapo Ryobi benchtop bandsaw, an old craftsman circular saw, milwaukee corded drill, dewalt ROS, Ridgid shop vac, etc. I have very limited funds and an increasingly unlimited number of projects Id like to be able to do.

If your still with me, I could use some help getting myself organized a bit. I have built a couple things like a rudimentary workbench, a paper towel holder, coat rack, etc. All very easy items. I get discouraged whenever I try and build anything that requires precise cuts because things never mate properly and I end up having to scrap the wood and start over. For example, I tried resawing three 1/8" inch pieces of walnut and maple so that I could laminate them and make a ring. The pieces were no where close to flat even though I checked my "fence" several times before cutting.

I think my big question is: Are these types of frustrations typical of new woodworkers or am I experiencing these discouraging situations from a lack of experience? Could it be that my equipment (or rather lack thereof) is severely hampering my abilities to get good results. I have a feeling it is a mixture of all three. How do I fix this? I feel like every tool I pick up I cant rely on to do its job properly.

Any tips lol?