This thread is relevant to my interestes....

Big selling point of Apple is simplicity and ease of use. They used to throw "it just works" into that. And although I agree with that still to an extent... it isn't so much for the reasons people think.

Windows is designed to be "compatible" with millions of hardware combinations. Apple.. well, they can release 3 with VERY limited room for upgradability and test those systems to work out "all" of the bugs. (yes, I understand the inherant stability of Unix based software).

The most common issues with windows based computers are not viruses (the uninformed tend to blame everything on viruses) are driver incompatabilities (since they have to make an attempt to work in millions of hardware combinations) and power supply (inconsistent power supply) / memory faults (due to cheap memory).

Simply put, you get what you pay for. I hear all the time of people bragging they got a brand new system with fancy stats for 250 bucks. So either it was on a super sale or "they got what they paid for."

Having built/assembled my own systems since PC Dos on an XT+ machine (23 some odd years ago), I RARELY have any issues with my windows computers as I hand select every component before assembly. They just work.

There is a reason Apple charges 2000+ for even their basic system. It is the same reason my machines cost 1500+ when I build them.

You really do get what you pay for. There is a place for Apple, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, etc. The key is to find what works best for you and research to determine the best you can get with the budget you have.