First photo : That ought to do the job ! ! !

90º VEE thread
Threads larger in proportion to dia than metal
Be ware of modern thread sets / not correct / not same as old time

Thanks for the education I think I am starting to get it now.

I sure hope there are groups of young people some where learning this stuff.
Not here.
The young guy who works with me (goes off to college this fall); he was trying to get some body to sharpen a knife for him or talking about it. I said that I would BUT that I saw it as one of the rights of passage young men need to struggle with and over come. He knows I will help him. That was months ago. He won’t even try. (He said he was in The Boy Scouts and claims he sharpened a knife while hanging with them.)
Apparently it is a group effort; no one person can do it outside of THE TEAM.

Five of us were unloading a truck the other day and the boxes on the pallets were wrapped with that clear cling wrap like stuff. The oldest guy, my age, asked if any body had a knife. He was showing me some of his switch blades a few weeks earlier. I said you do. He said he didn’t carry those around.
Nobody but me even had a pocket knife. Let alone a sharp one.
I didn’t answer (I was temporarily too depressed by the lack of pocket knives to respond) . . . so he went back to the building to get a box knife.
In the mean time I asked Mr. Young Guy how his sharpening was coming and surely HE now had a sharp pocket knife.
Nope.
As the gofer was just about back with the box knife I pulled out my pocket knife and cut the wrap.
I can be a dick when I am around such_______ I don’t even have a word for it.

Anyway thanks for educating THIS old dude. I will try to remember it and pass it on.