Thread: basement/shop remodel: update (pics)

basement/shop remodel: update (pics)

Has been awhile since I've posted any progress on the shop remodel. Kim and I have gotten all the walls framed and sheathed, installed the doors, and have gotten a little more electric run. We're starting to put things in their place although we still haven't quite figured out the exact layout. At least we've gotten the wood and some of the tools out of the garage and back into the basement/shop. Our progress had been delayed a bit with my contracting lyme disease (an expectable hazzard of spending a lot of time in the woods in CT. With the heat wave we had I chaulked my fatigue and joint pain up to over-doing it in the heat - after all we're not getting any younger ) and a couple weekend obligations. We're striving for some semblance of order by next weekend.

The first picture is of what is going to be our general work/assembly area and where a much needed new bench will be built and placed this winter. Behind the bifolds is the pump for the spring that feeds our house and where - when funds permit a 60 gallon compressor will be parked.

The second picture is just a view from where the table saw will eventually go and of our solution - for now - for some wood storage.

The last pic is of the entrance to a small room that will serve as both an office/drafting room and a finishing room. The door to the right leads upstairs and serves dual purpose as we can slide it over to close off the ofifce when we're finishing projects.

As always, thanks for checking out our progress. Any input is always welcome and appreciated. In peace, Todd & Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's looking great. You gotta love that trash can!

Richard

Looking good Todd. I hope you get over the Lyme with no trouble. I've been there with that. No lasting effects (knocking on wood). You gotta be vigilant though. Good luck with the shop.
    John
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I forgot to mention the Lyme disease, hope you get well. I contracted it about 10 years ago. Some people say I haven't been right since, I guess they mean the lyme. It's on my mind alot when joints aren't right and always tired. Sometimes I think it's that I'm old, fat and lazy, other times I wonder??

Richard

Hey Todd/Kim the shop and and it's other work areas are really coming along. I think it is going to be agreat working shop for you. Keep it up and hopefully you can finally kick that bug you got. Thanksfor the update.

Corey

P.S. Todd, who makes that Drill Press? I haven't seen one like that before.
    Last edited by Corey Hallagan; 07-05-2005 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks for the encouraging words on the shop and well wishes. The warnings on the antibiotics are almost as scary as the lyme.

Corey~ The DP is a Ridgid - pre orange. It was part of a package deal when I bought several floor model Ridgid tools (DP, jointer, benchtop sander, & 12"CMS, ) at the time when they were converting from Grey to Orange. If it wasn't for that deal I'd probably still be woodworking out of a collective shop. Is much nicer to be able to do it at home (although for the occasional cabinet commission I still go to the collective shop as it's larger and outfitted with higher end machines).

Great progress and nice pics. Keep us posted about the remodel.

Regards,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)