Thread: Dust Vent dust collector

Dust Vent dust collector

Anybody have any experience with them?
    I've never heard of them before.
    There's one for sale here locally, and I was hoping to get some input on them.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Should be industrial quality, similar to Torit, Aget, Sternvent. Check their cyclone design against torit and it should be similar and a step above the hobby stuff. Dave

Thanks Dave.
    That's kind of what I thought. This unit is 7-1/2hp and it's listed under their "small" systems.
    PI

Well I went ahead and bought the unit. I need to re-do the ductwork in my shop...again...
    I want to use snap-lock duct because it's available locally, do the spiral long radius elbows play well with snap-lock? The adjustable elbows for the snap lock seem like cfm hogs to me.
    Also, with a 7-1/2hp motor, will I suck 26 gauge duct shut? Should I go with the 24 gauge?
    Thanks,
    Paul

What's your experience with this been so far? What guage ducting did you go with? I'm looking at one that sounds similar.

It's been great!
    The unit has a 9" round intake, I put an 8" reducer on it and ran 8" mains. As close to the machines as possible, I reduce to 6", except at the table saw, where I have to reduce from 6" to 4" and the planer where I have to reduce to 5". I'd like to have the planer hooked directly to the 8" pipe, but the hood that's on it is set up for 5". It still works pretty well. One of these years I'll have a new hood made...
    I didn't use any cfm , static pressure or duct velocity equations to figure it out, I just used the materials/parts I had. It could probably be better with the ducts sized better, but it's head and shoulders above the 2hp single stage I had previously. All my ducts are snap lock, 26 gauge.
    It's exhausted up and out an existing 16x16 roof vent.
    Oh, and mine didn't come with any electrical accessories. I bought a new magnetic starter from factory Mation and hard wired it into my breaker box. I'm fortunate in that my shop has 3 phase service.
    Hope this helps, and please post what you're looking at. There are many folks more knowledgeable than me here.

Paul