Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was inevitable....

Scott,
    Osage Beach will just be home base. We try and winter in Old San Juan from Jan-March. 70 nights and 82-85 days, with no humidity and no bugs.

Tom,
    I will post a message here when I list my shop tools in the classifieds....
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Glass View Post
    Scott,
    Osage Beach will just be home base. We try and winter in Old San Juan from Jan-March. 70 nights and 82-85 days, with no humidity and no bugs....
    San Juan, now that is a place to winter! My wife and I might be headed down there in March with 10-20 friends for a little vacation. I am in constant search for our future winter home, so I will be taking notes!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Latin Jazz, great food and Mojitos.........can't beat it.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

I just sold off my shop as we are moving from a 1900sqft house and 30x48 pole barn on 10 acres to a 2000sqft house with a 12x12 shed on 1/3 acre. Started as a downsizing to a basement shop and then I slowly came to the realization that I really wasn't going to be happy with smaller tools, noise, and dust eating up a basement that's smaller than we have today (moving from a ranch to a 2-story so we lose basement square footage.)

For larger equipment, and even some small things, people come from Indiana, Cleveland, and north of Detroit to buy. Can't imagine you are further than that from St. Louis, Peoria, and the Quad Cities. I shipped a LOT of stuff USPS and a good bit of larger, heavier boxes Fedex ground/home. USPS provides free Priority Mail boxes and I've found Home Depot has great larger boxes CHEAP. I used Craigslist, the various woodworking forums as well as the forum for a local club. I actually found Craigslist to be the least effective though it wasn't useless. For the most part things sold FAST and I was happy with the prices I was getting. I unloaded a lot of less valuable supplies and accumulated stuff at a barn sale. For some things (like lumber) I sold CHEAP with the condition that the buyer had to provide all labor to load which was more valuable than the extra cash to me.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 08-04-2014 at 4:43 PM.

Friends,
    I now have some tools posted on the SMC Classified section. My GO555 Band saw sold already today. Lots of bargains, don't hesitate.....
    Regards, Ken