Did you take shop class in the 70's in either Junior High or High School? If so what to do you recall about the shop?

The reason I ask is as I complete my shop I'm taking the time to make it look as close as I can to what a shop from that era would have looked like, it's an homage to the first place I experienced wood working. 40 years later I'm finally realizing the dream of my own shop.

Where I'm at this far.

Shop is 20 x 30 with 10 walls. Upper 6' of the walls are white, the lower 4' are an light industrial green. Door and window trim, baseboards and floor are a darker green. Craigslist and ebay purchases of vintage items include: School wall clock, surface mounted speaker box, school bell, exit sign, wall mount first aid kit (to hide garage door opener and dc remote storage). The instructors dest is a steel vintage tanker style desk accessorized with vintage lamp, pencil sharpener, phone etc. The closet housing my ClearVue 1800 will be made to look like a bank of lockers. A bulletin board will feature the hot lunch menu of the week as well as other flyers etc.

So let your memory take you back…. what do you recall about your shop? What notices or instructional/warning posters did you shop teacher hang? What kind of stuff did you see on the bulletin board? Did you shop instructor mark the floor with caution stripes to designate certain areas? Were there lockers? A tool crib? Any memories will help, photos even better. Unfortunately my yearbooks did not give much attention to the shop and google searches don't yield much.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart