Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silicon Rubber (Armstrong) Bracelets

Rick,
    Try gluing two disks to a 3.5"x12" diameter extruded acrylic or polycarb tube.
    You could score it on a table saw or router, or just mark it with a fine tip Sharpie.
    Cheaper: just mark off an empty wine or champagne bottle.

Those numbers don't seem that out of line. Silicone rubber is tough stuff.

I didnt even think about using an acrylic tube....thats a great idea! Oh by the way I forgot to tell in my last post that WalMart is selling the blank bands for $4.98 per bag with 10 in a bag. They were in the drink isle of all places .

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Maitland
    Oh by the way I forgot to tell in my last post that WalMart is selling the blank bands for $4.98 per bag with 10 in a bag. They were in the drink isle of all places .
    Rick be very careful about using any old band. Not all bands are made of silicone, some formulations have "filler" materials that may burn, melt or as we found out even explode! Also, beware that they do not contain latex, many folks have alergies to this stuff. A lot of the Chinese companies will put it into the bands becasue it is much cheaper than silicone.

As far as fixtures. We use 2 styles here: 25 slot flat and a 19 slot round. The flat is CNC'ed out of ABS and the round is CNC'ed out of cast nylon. We went the CNC route (pun intended!) to ensure accuracy for the volumes we produce (1000+ per day).

Let me know if anyone has questions, we've been doing this since fall of last year.

Thanks.
    --robert

Hi Gail, I'm probley a couple months late but just for your reference, I laser bands. Have done several thousand, so if you still need some let me know.

Nick Napier....woodworknick@yahoo.com

Hi Nick... I don't suppose you'd want to share with us who your supplier is? We laser engraver operators can not be too cautious about who we buy these things from, as it sounds to me. Thanks.........