Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: epilog problem I could really use some help

The user also has no way to know if the flash drive as wear leveling or not? I guess what I was trying to say here is flash or USB drives could be the cause of a corrupted file. The only real way to find out is use a new flash drive and try reloading the program or file.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thanks for the replies and help.Well I found what was going wrong and I figured I might as well post it just in case someone else has a similar problem and this might be helpful. After a lot of trial and error I put a power cleaner on the circuit which showed amperage and voltage. I was running the exhaust fan and the laser on the same circuit and it was running about 15.3 amps. In Canada standard home circuits are run off 15 amp breakers. So I was running a little over max power but not enough to trip the breaker. Well I think what was happening is the draw was too much and it was creating brown outs as time went on from the extra resistance created as the wires heated up. Then the following day when everything had cooled off (ie the internal home wiring) it worked again until it heated up and then erratic problems started again. That’s my hypothesis though I’m not an electrician so I could be wrong. However this is what I know for certain:
    I had erratic x axis behaviour and had the laser and exhaust on the same circuit. Even though technically there was enough power to handle it when I put them on separate circuits the problem ceased. Well that was a very frustrating couple weeks but it’s fantastic having the machine up and running consistently.

We had the same issues with our 35 mini it is a perplexing problem to say the least. if you know everything is up tp par with your machine physically. you have to reinstall the drivers make sure to delete all versions beforehand (very important). it took us three tries to get it clean then we discarded the cat cables and went with patch cables. i said cables because of our network and interface with other lasers. i know it solved the same epilog problem for us.

Johnathan,

I believe your diagnoses may be spot on. We have two 36 EXT's and each one is on their own dedicated 20 amp circuit. We had a similar problem in the past and have not had it occur since we did this.

Hi,

Earlier we had some erratic behaviour in X axis and found that , the rod which carries the air hose, touch the x board seated on the flying optics and caused so many
    issues. After that we placed an thick foam tape between then its all ok

hope this helps

regards
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD