Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

25 Aug 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
    Had a real busy week of working on the construction project. The good thing is that I can work inside with the A/C on.
    Got the tile back-splash installed but still have to grout it. Got the master bedroom walk-in closet storage shelves and such installed, closet flooring installed, and base trim down. The closet is now complete. I have 5 pieces of crown molding left to cut and hang and then all the crown in the apartment will be done. Bought some Quickrete to mix and fill in the hole left in the garage floor where the old power service used to be. That is now complete. Floor installation will continue this week and my hope is that the bathroom work will be done so that part can be done and finished. Kitchen flooring will go in this week as well. I have plenty to keep me and both my sons busy for the entire week. I have been posting pictures on Facebook for my family and friends that don't live near us so they can keep up with the progress as well. Here's to a hopeful week full of total progress.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

On Saturday I passed the Certified Ethical Hacker exam, so I get to add some more letters to my name.
    Sunday I mowed the lawn, hacked some bushes with my new cordless hedge trimmer, installed a couple new 4' T8 fixtures in the shop with 5000K, 2600 lumen bulbs (they're bright!), and hung my WEN 400cfm 3-speed air cleaner (Rikon/Jet clone, probably made in the same factory). I also bought some more parts for my dust collection system, which is going to be based around a modified HF 2HP dust collector and 4" S&D pipe.
    ~Garth

I have a Steel City 1.5 HP dust collector, and 4" S&D pipe on the ceiling going down the center and around the one side of my garage shop. I used latex caulk and the the thin shiny silver duct tape to seal the joints (they come apart easy if needed). I'm very happy I went with the S&D---cheap and easy to install.
    Robin
    Bluebird Woodcrafts

Blog Entries
    LOML went to a concert in SLO on Friday, so I took my son out to dinner. Saturday, smoked ribs and did laundry between recording sessions. Sunday was house cleaning and basic work for this week. Ended up going through the unmatched sock pile and getting rid of socks who haven't had their mates for years.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Church has a once a month "handy man ministry" which called this weekend. We work for the county's senior homeowners support group which basically will perform minor maintenance for seniors that need assistance in order to stay in their homes. This weekend we "fixed" a floor in a 1970 double wide. Cut out and installed new underlayment, covered the entire 14' x 16' area with luan and installed stick-on flooring. No air conditioning, hottest day of the year and we worked continuously. Started at 8:30 and done at 2:30. Had several problems but we did get it done. Very rewarding. Makes you appreciate the blessings we have.

Finished up the table saw outfeed table I've been wanting to make for a long time. Birch ply covered with Formica. Legs fold up so it stores flat against a wall. Maybe now I won't drop expensive exotics on the concrete floor...

This weekend I finally got the hardware temporarily installed on the new chest and it's ready for finish!

After 10 months of weekends, I'm ready for this project to be finished!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brett, that is draw dropping..... I've built some pretty complicated wood projects but that's impressive!
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Thanks Jesse! It'll be good to get this one across the finish line!