Hi guys,
I hope you all had a good Labor Day weekend.

Im still practicing hand cut joinery by making box joints - 2" long rather than the usual small joints one would do with power tools. The joints fit pretty well (tight) and the inside corners glue up square. But the bottom does not sit level on my bench - one corner is raised about 1/8" off the bench. Looks like the box is slightly torqued even though its square in all 4 corners. All the corners meet correctly on the bottom - they are all flat individually - but one end is just torqued out of the horizontal plane. It was this way prior to applying glue and clamps, but I mistakenly thought that putting a weight on top while the glue was drying would solve that. (Nice try but no cigar, Mr. Skelly.) My camera is out of commision so I cant post a pic, but I hope you can visualize what has occurred without it.

All I can figure is that even though my joints fit tightly, one or more of the "tenons" (is that the right word?) was cut slightly canted (not parallel to the length of the bottom) and caused this effect.

Can anyone see where I went wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Fred