Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shenhui 690 HELP - Comissioned but no lift off?

Shenhui 690 HELP - Comissioned but no lift off?

Hi Everyone,

So our laser arrived on friday unfortunately I had to work friday and saturday so only just got to comissioning the machine today. We have installed all the correct attachments and they are all working and we are now trying to check the alignment of the mirrors. The thing is the tube wont fire? So this is what i did. I turned on the machine then turn on all the attachments last of all the laser switch. I moved the head to the back of the deck and to the left closest to the mirror hit PULSE and get nothing.

Question when you flick the laser swith on should there be a reading on the ammeter? also what is the grey knob infront of it for the perimeter?

Help please. The lady i have been dealing with at shenhui is away the next 2 days travelling and I desperately need this up and running.

Hoping someone can help,

Bec
    Recently arrived Shenhui 690 with 80W reci

Pictures please . If you look at the tube when it's been fired does it light up?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Pace View Post
    Pictures please . If you look at the tube when it's been fired does it light up?
    Nope we get zero action. Not sure what to take picture of really? What do you need?

Hi Bec, make sure the 'key knob' is turned clockwise, it allows you to adjust the laser power up/down, clockwise is full power. Make sure the lid is closed or you have something to override the door switch, not sure of the pulse button needs the door closed, on second thoughts it might no need the door being closed. When you press the pulse button you should get a reading on the meter.
    Good luck, they an be tricky to get going
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Matthew you ROCK the key knob did the trick! We now have fire! Its hard when the knob your looking at is not in the manual or any youtube videos! mirrors need aligning but at least now we can do it.

Can advice on a better way to do it other than estimating that its hitting the centre?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew knott View Post
    Hi Bec, make sure the 'key knob' is turned clockwise, it allows you to adjust the laser power up/down, clockwise is full power. Make sure the lid is closed or you have something to override the door switch, not sure of the pulse button needs the door closed, on second thoughts it might no need the door being closed. When you press the pulse button you should get a reading on the meter.
    Good luck, they an be tricky to get going

should have said 'grey knob' but sounds like you worked it out anyway. I normally leave it fully clockwise, then what ever you program into the software is what is set for the laser. The knob just allows you to reduce the programed power. so if you set 50% in the software with the knob fully clockwise you will get 50% laser power.
    Matt
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Cut a piece of thermal paper (like a receipt) and tape it to the mirror. Use minimal power to pulse the unit, check the burn spot. Should be a few UTUBE videos on it.
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro

Bec, this guide from Rabbit may be helpful.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

I use masking or transfer tape instead of thermal tape since its self sticky. The videos should you how to align the mirrors. If not i made video on how to do it on you tube. My you tube video name is hobbyhands

When you move from one mirror to the next, have a little DNA (denatured alcohol) on hand to clean the last mirror.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Alrighty. So I think we have the alignment sorted. my question is the laser makes a dot thats about 5mm in width is this right? how do i make it so it makes a small/fine dot. right for cutting?

12. hi Bec,you should have a focus tool,rectangle piece of perspex. 21mm from the top of your substrate to the bottom of laser cone. that should give you a fine dot.do you have up and down table. bob australia. 80 watt 6090 laser.

I got an orange focus stick with the laser i recon its longer than 21mm though more like 40mm will double check though. To use it i put it ontop of what i am cutting and under the laser head. correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schmiede View Post
    hi Bec,you should have a focus tool,rectangle piece of perspex. 21mm from the top of your substrate to the bottom of laser cone. that should give you a fine dot.do you have up and down table. bob australia. 80 watt 6090 laser.

14. Hi Bec, the piece is about 40mm long and around the 20 to 21 mm wide,use they width.that's correct,put it on top of what your cutting,and and the laser head.up the table slowly,don't jam it in between.good luck.by the way,where are you.I'm in New England nsw.

Perth Western Australia Hubby and I are 2 blind people poking in the dark. We are trying our best not to ask stupid questions but the you tube vids and the manual that came with it leave alot tobe desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schmiede View Post
    Hi Bec, the piece is about 40mm long and around the 20 to 21 mm wide,use they width.that's correct,put it on top of what your cutting,and and the laser head.up the table slowly,don't jam it in between.good luck.by the way,where are you.I'm in New England nsw.