Thread: looking for a font ID

looking for a font ID

HI All,
    I ran this through "Find my Font" and had no luck... any ideas?

thanks
    fontquestion.jpg
    Epilog Helix 60w
    Epilog Mini 18 30W
    Purex Xbase 200
    CorelDRAW X7
    Wood Carver

looks hand-drawn i doubt you will get an exact match as its probably not a 'font' as such, im sure someone here will find something similar though, i will have scan in my fonts and see what i have
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

I dread looking for those type of swirly fonts. I think that's a G. I did a search in my list for GA and didn't come up with any that had a definite match.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

That appears to be a Gene Autry logo and was probably done by a studio artist for the sole use of Autry and the studio. I don't think you will find a matching font.

It's two letters --- just re-draw them.

If they want more like to those letterforms, ink up a pen (if you must, get out your copy of Eleanor Winters' _Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy_ for a quick review) and write them out, then re-trace the letters. If you have a Wacom graphics tablet you can just directly write them out using Illustrator's nifty pressure-sensitive variable width tool.