I simply love wood working.....all types, building furniture, toys for the grandson, bowls and vessels as gifts, just being in my shop. What I lack is time and it really eats at me. With my job, which I am very grateful to have, I travel almost every week and really only have limited time on the weekends. Even then, it's hard to spend a lot of time down "there" because I have been gone all week and need to take care of family. If I had my way, I would put a bed in the shop and go there on Friday nights and come back out on Sunday eve. Only problem is the wife doesn't have the same urge.

So I ask this question.....

For those that have the beautiful shops with custom made tables and work benches, perfect lighting, etc...those that turn out incredible work on a regular basis, how do you find the time? What's the secret? Don't get me wrong, my wife is the best and the kids are out of the house (not 100% off the payroll). I could come home with a new "whatever machine" and she would not only not say a word about the expense, but, help me carry it and set it up. I guess I'm wining, just wish I had more time for it.

I post this because once again, it's Sunday Night and in 8 darn hours, I leave for the airport again and don't get home until Sat Eve. Thanks for letting me vent.