Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

22 Sep 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
    It's been a less busy weekend for me as I have chosen to slow down a bit on all the working because I've been working a lot at the day job and I've been trying to get a bit more rest than usual and spend some time with family since we've all been working on the construction project since early April of this year. Things are winding down now and I'm able to just work on things as I feel the urge to get a bit more done. The MIL has moved in and is now staying in her apartment and loving it. Unpacking has begun for her and she is sorting through many things that she just doesn't have room for any more. Things are shaping up and I'm going oncall at the day job this morning and I've already begun making mental preparations for work.

Pics are coming, I just need more time is all.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Busy weekend, but I managed to get more of the shop changes made and completed the new, smaller right-side table for my slider so I can move it back 16" closer to the wall. I'll post a separate thread about that. It was also a horse show weekend, so that took a lot of time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

finished putting my new "old" cabinet tablesaw together and taped up all the seams/gaps getting ready to connect it to my ShopVac for dust collection after I pick up a 4" to 2.5" adapter today. I'm really looking forward to that, but dreading the noise.

I still have to cut a small 8" outfeed table to fit between my TS and bench so I don't have to cut miter slots in my benchtop.
    ~Everyone has the strength, few possess the will~

Blog Entries
    Short weekend here. Saturday was devoted to the paying job and travel back from a business trip. Sunday was spent cleaning, making plans for our vacation, and applying the finish (Shellac) and hanging my saw till. While I was waiting for shellac to dry, I watched part of the Seahawks game. Even though I now live in Southern California, I still have a fondness for the Seahawks. They were pretty bad during the 12 years I lived in Seattle.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

5. Air hammered out the sills on basement windows #4 & 5 of 7, and poured new sills for the installation of new glass block windows today. The first window took me half as long to air hammer out as usual, the second, probably twice as long as usual. Man, that is a dirty friggin' job! Much more positive about getting this done before the snow flies now.....